Conditions can be created and managed under Conditions in the management menu in the navigation bar. They are later connected to Question sets, Option sets, or Tasks.
Screenshot of the conditions management interface.
On the left-hand side is the main display of all the conditions available in this installation of RDMO. Conditions show their key and a textual representation of what they evaluate. On the right side of each conditions panel, icons indicate ways to interact the element. The following options are available:
- Update () a condition to change its properties.
- Copy () a condition. This will open a modal to set a new key.
- Show () the references from, e.g. questionsets, to a condition. This will open a modal.
- Export () a condition as XML.
- Delete () a condition. This action cannot be undone!
The sidebar on the right shows additional interface items:
- Filter filters the view according to a user given string or a given URI prefix.
- Options offers additional operations:
- Create a new condition
- Export exports the conditions to one of the displayed formats. While the textual formats are mainly for presentation purposes, the XML export can be used to transfer the conditions to a different installation of RDMO.
Conditions have different properties to control their behavior. As described in the introduction, all elements have an URI prefix, a key, and an internal comment only to be seen by other managers of the RDMO installation. In addition, you can edit the parameters below.
Conditions are configured with a source attribute, which will be evaluated, a relation like “equal” or “greater than” and a target. The target is a text string or an option. As an example, if the source is the attribute
project/legal_aspects/ipr/yesno, the relation is “equal to”, and the target text is “1”, the condition will be true for a project where the answer to the question connected to the attribute
project/legal_aspects/ipr/yesno is “1” (or “yes” for a yesno widget).
|Source||The Attribute this condition is evaluating|
|Relation||The Relation this condition is using|
|Target (Text)||If using a regular value, the text value this condition
is checking against (for boolean values use 1 and 0)
|Target (Option)||If using a value pointing to an option, the option
this condition is checking against